Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Yikes

Ah Mah Gah.
So Tuesday morning I get my 15# CO2 tank filled at my normal place.
$12. Awesome.
Then on the 30 mile drive home, I'm 4 houses from my own, and my CO2 tank decides to abruptly release its contents inside my Honda Element.
POW!!! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!
I fortunately was not on the highway doing 75 in rush hour traffic.
I was going like 10 mph on my residential street.
The car filled with white gas immediately, and I was able to pull over, hold my breath, put it in park and open the door and jump out.
I was so lucky this didn't happen earlier in my commute and no other cars around.
The old lady bringing in her garbage cans was quite concerned as well.
I thought at first I'd run over an IED, but quickly remembered it was just the CO2 tank.

Wednesday:
Just got back from the CO2 place.
Turns out they thought it was a 15# tank. And it's a 10#.
They even looked it up in a computer system first.
They replaced the burst disk, the CO2, and gave me $3 back.
I shoulda asked for a new pair of underwear.

No comments: