Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bock, Bock Bock

Last Sunday, I brewed up a doppelbock (Galactic Senator) with my new 10 gal kettle that Mrs. Santa brought me.
Hit my gravities (OG = 1.094) and my temps.
Racked my Spaz Bock (Empire Strikes Bock) into a corny keg, for secondarying.
And I racked the doppelbock wort onto the Spaz's yeast cake, Wyeast Bavarian Lager 2206. They're oth chugging at 46F right now.
Realized I could've dropped my wort a lil faster and a lot lower with a second wort chiller dunked in ice water, placed in line with the WC in the wort itself.
So I made one. Cost about $40 from Home Depot. (I HATE that place, but they had copper cheaper than Lowes.) I'll post pics sometime.

Link of the Month:
LOL Cats

Racked the Norwood Punch to secondary, on top of 3 crushed Campden tablets (sodium metabisulfite) dissolved in cooled, boiled water. Gravity dropped a touch since last time I'd checked, but it shouldn't drop anymore, that's what the Campden's fer.

No comments: