Monday, November 19, 2007

Scheduling

Hm. Was noticing how I've got too much beer going on down in the cellar.
Got a C3-PilsnerO that can go in a keg any day, but I need to keep my second keg ready for the Centennium Falcon IPA, which will go in next week. And the first keg gots a Liffey Sludge Stout in it. Maybe it's time for another keg, to build a collar on the kegerator, taps, manifolds, oof. Too much. I'll just wait until one keg is done, then in goes the Pilsner. Do I even want to keg that? Should I bottle it. I guess I should taste it to see if I'll be drinking it. :)
Anyway, the title of this post is scheduling. I am about to plan my "brew year".
I want to have cerain beer ready at certain times. An Oktoberfest in September, a Bock in March, stuff like that. So, thinking out loud:
Bock ready March first, 3 weeks of lagering, two weeks of primary, a week or so of secondary. So, let's see... that puts brew day at January 19, 2008. Ok.
An Oktoberfest is typically brewed in March (hence the aka "Marzen") and then lagered until mid-September. So anytime in March I'll be brewing that style.
A wheat beer for summer (brew late Spring), a porter for winter (early in the year), a Saison for when it's hot out (brew in Spring). hm.... what else is there?

No comments: