Monday, November 26, 2007

What Makes Me Drink More Beer

Dear People in the Left Lane,

I'm cool with you being there, but I have ONE RULE of Traffic:
Keep It Moving©
So, if you're not going over the speed limit, or if you're not actively passing someone, or if you see a ball of light in your rearview mirror, get the hell over.
How many times do I have to drive 73 mph in a 65, fly up on your bumper, and you don't get over when there's no one around us for miles? According to state law, one MUST pass on the left, and you are forcing me to pass on the right. Sure, I could slow down and wait (!) for you to get over, but it's also your responsibility to GET OVER. There are signs all over the highway stating "Slower Traffic Keep Right". We all know how it works. You can go faster than the speed limit and not get pulled over. Just last night, I flew past a cop clocking people on the highway doing 75 in a 65. He did not care. This happens all the time. If you're texting, or sipping Starbux, or trying to read a map, in the left lane, and you COULD get over, DO SO. I hate you.

No comments: