Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My Setup

Might as well get this written down too.
I have a GE 7.2 Cu Ft chest freezer in my beer cellar with a Johnson Controls temp controller. Enough to hold 2 kegs, a 20# CO2 tank, and lots of bottles on the hump. Right now I have a Pilsner (SeeThree-PilsnerO) lagering.
I have only 2 corny kegs, but I have like 3-3 gallon glass carboys, 2 or 3 5-gallon ones, and a sixer. I love my little beer cellar room. It's separate in the basement, maintains cool temps, rustic enought to fit the style I wanted for such a room. Let's see, I also have a homemade stir plate I want to use soon, prolly on a Bell's yeast. I would love a conical fermenter, but man, that's a bit too much for this endeavor. Maybe when I open Ye Olde Pube Brewpub.
The freezer is on the right but this is an old pic.

I usually brew outside on a propane burner, then use the garden hose to chill thru a copper chiller. Should prolly take pics of that setup too....

2 comments:

Di said...

yes, love to see that set up.

I have a growler I could donate. Maybe you need it, maybe not, just a way to say that I like what your doing...

Aaron Starner said...

Well, how about I'll fill it up with homebrew if you bring it over (and I gots homebrew).