Saturday, October 27, 2007

Told ya so

An article on rising beer prices on MSN.com:

Beer drinkers beware: Shortage to boost costs

That means a 6 of Bell's Two-Hearted Ale will jump from $8.99 to $9.99. Like I wouldn't still buy it.

Right now I'm brewing an extract based Liffey Sludge Stout from Listermann's. It only cost me $27.95 and has only one ounce of Nugget hops. Dunno how much this type of a recipe will change in price. It uses malted barley extract (syrup), instead of making me do an all-grain version.

Either tomorrow, or early this next week, I'm gonna redo the Centennium Falcon IPA. Picked up another 7 ounces of Centennial hops, so now I gots 24 ounces of that. That's about 5 batches worth. Bring on this shortage!

On a sidenote, not because of the shortage (but it helps fer sher), I'm totally gonna start growing some hops in the ol' garden, once rhizome season hits next spring. Centennial, Cascade maybe, I wonder what else.
Heck, maybe I'll grow some barley too. Ya right.

No comments: