Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Yeast Tester

So I finally got some drop in gravity (meaning a reduction in sugar) in my yeast started that's been on my stir pllate since Thursday. This means that there's viable yeast that I may be able to use in a Two-Hearted clone -- Centennium Falcon IPA.
So to REALLY test the starter, I brewed up a one gallon batch of IPA last night:

Yoda's Daddy's IPA
(Coz it's small and green, but gonna be bigger than just a normal beer.)
------------------

Batch Size (Gal): 1.00

Grain/Extract/Sugar
% Amount Name Origin Potential SRM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
100.0 0.75 lbs. Muntons DME - Light England 1.046 5

Hops
Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.25 oz. Yakima Magnum Pellet 13.50 28.0 20 min.
0.25 oz. Yakima Magnum Pellet 13.50 22.2 15 min.
0.25 oz. Yakima Magnum Pellet 13.50 0.0 0 min.
0.25 oz. Yakima Magnum Pellet 13.50 0.0 Dry Hop

OG = 1.049
FG = ?
ABV = ?

----------------

So 16 hours later, I have great bubbling, so it's fermenting, so I gots good yeasties! I can totally use my harvested Bell's yeast to make CF IPA! Freakin' sweet.

Oh and Happy Halloween. Let me know what you're going as.

No comments: